CE6007 HOUSING PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT MCQS 2013 REGULATIONS
In this post we have posted some notes on CE6007 HOUSING PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT of ELECTIVE II for ANNA UNIVERSITY AFFILIATED COLLEGES STUDENTS.
Here We have listed the the notes whichever we could collect for CE6007 HOUSING PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT subject, We think that it will be helpful for your exam preparation.
👉 The objective of the course is to train the students to have a comprehensive knowledge of planning, design, evaluation, construction and financing of housing projects. The course focuses on cost effective construction materials and methods. Emphasis is given on the principles of sustainable housing policies and programmes.
UNIT I INTRODUCTION TO HOUSING
Definition of Basic Terms – House, Home, Household, Apartments, Multi storied Buildings, Special Buildings, Objectives and Strategies of National Housing Policies including Slum Housing Policy, Principle of Sustainable Housing – Integrated approach on arriving holding capacity and density norms – All basic infrastructure consideration – Institutions for Housing at National, State and Local levels.
UNIT II HOUSING PROGRAMMES
Basic Concepts, Contents and Standards for Housing Programmes – Sites and Services,
Neighborhoods- Plotted land development programs, Open Development Plots, Apartments, Gated communities, Townships, Rental Housing, Co-operative Housing, Slum Housing Programmes – Slum improvement – Slum redevelopment and Relocation – Use of GIS and MIS in Slum Housing Projects,, Role of Public housing agencies, and Private sector in supply , quality, infrastructure and pricing – Role of Non-Government Organizations in slum housing.
UNIT III PLANNING AND DESIGN OF HOUSING PROJECTS
Formulation of Housing Projects – Land Use and Soil suitability analysis -Building Byelaws and Rules and Development Control Regulations – Site Analysis, Layout Design, Design of Housing Units (Design Problems) – Housing Project Formulation.
UNIT IV CONSTRUCTION TECHNIQUES AND COST-EFFECTIVE MATERIALS
New Constructions Techniques – Cost Effective Modern Materials and methods of Construction- Green building concept Building Centers – Concept, Functions and Performance Evaluation.
UNIT V HOUSING FINANCE AND PROJECT APPRAISAL
Evaluation of Housing Projects for sustainable principles – Housing Finance, Cost Recovery – Cash Flow Analysis, Subsidy and Cross Subsidy- Public Private Partnership Projects – Viability Gap Funding – Pricing o f Housing Units (Problems).
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
The students should have a comprehensive knowledge of planning, design, evaluation,
construction and financing of housing projects.
1. Meera Mehta and Dinesh Mehta, “Metropolitan Housing Markets”, Sage Publications Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 1999.
2. Francis Cherunilam and Odeyar D Heggade, “Housing in India”, Himalaya Publishing House, Bombay, 1997.
1. Wiley- Blackwell, “Neufert Architects” Data, 4th Edition, Blackwell Publishing Ltd, 2012
2. Donald Watson and Michael J.Crosbie, “Time Saver Standards for Architectural Design”, 8th Edition, Tata McGraw Hill Edition, 2011
3. Walter Martin Hosack, “Land Development Calculations”, McGraw Hill 2
nd Edition, USA 2010
4. Development Control Rules for Chennai Metropolitan Area, CMA, Chennai, 2004.
5. UNCHS, National Experiences with Shelter Delivery for the Poorest Groups, UNCHS Habitat, Nairobi, 1994
6. Government of India, National Housing Policy, 1994
CE6007 HOUSING PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT MCQS
If you have any queries or comments on this post, kindly contact us through contact form or telegram
To contact us through telegram – Click here