CE6701 STRUCTURAL DYNAMICS AND EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING MCQS 2013 REGULATIONS
In this post we have posted some notes on CE6701 STRUCTURAL DYNAMICS AND EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING for ANNA UNIVERSITY AFFILIATED COLLEGES STUDENTS.
Here We have listed the the notes whichever we could collect for CE6701 STRUCTURAL DYNAMICS AND EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING subject, We think that it will be helpful for your exam preparation.
- The main objective of the course is to introduce dynamic loading and the dynamic performance of the structures to the students. Different types of dynamic loading also to be discussed. The detailed study on the performance of structures under earthquake loading is also one of the focus of the course.
UNIT I THEORY OF VIBRATIONS
Difference between static loading and dynamic loading – Degree of freedom – idealisation of structure as single degree of freedom system – Formulation of Equations of motion of SDOF system – D’Alemberts principles – effect of damping – free and forced vibration of damped and undamped structures – Response to harmonic and periodic forces.
UNIT II MULTIPLE DEGREE OF FREEDOM SYSTEM
Two degree of freedom system – modes of vibrations – formulation of equations of motion of multi degree of freedom (MDOF) system – Eigen values and Eigen vectors – Response to free and forced vibrations – damped and undamped MDOF system – Modal superposition methods.
UNIT III ELEMENTS OF SEISMOLOGY
Elements of Engineering Seismology – Causes of Earthquake – Plate Tectonic theory – Elastic rebound Theory –Characteristic of earthquake – Estimation of earthquake parameters – Magnitude and intensity of earthquakes – Spectral Acceleration.
UNIT IV RESPONSE OF STRUCTURES TO EARTHQUAKE
Effect of earthquake on different type of structures – Behaviour of Reinforced Cement Concrete, Steel and Prestressed Concrete Structure under earthquake loading – Pinching effect – Bouchinger Effects – Evaluation of earthquake forces as per IS:1893 – 2002 – Response Spectra – Lessons learnt from past earthquakes.
UNIT V DESIGN METHODOLOGY
Causes of damage – Planning considerations / Architectural concepts as per IS:4326 – 1993 – Guidelines for Earthquake resistant design – Earthquake resistant design for masonry and Reinforced Cement Concrete buildings – Later load analysis – Design and detailing as per IS:13920 – 1993.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
- At the end of the course, student will have the knowledge to analyse structures subjected to dynamic loading and to design the structures for seismic loading as per code provisions.
- Chopra, A.K., “Dynamics of Structures – Theory and Applications to Earthquake Engineering”, 4th Edition, Pearson Education, 2011.
- Agarwal. P and Shrikhande. M., “Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures”, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd. 2007
- Biggs, J.M., “Introduction to Structural Dynamics”, McGraw Hill Book Co., New York, 1964
- Dowrick, D.J., “Earthquake Resistant Design”, John Wiley & Sons, London, 2009
- Paz, M. and Leigh.W. “Structural Dynamics – Theory & Computation”, 4th Edition, CBS Publishers & Distributors, Shahdara, Delhi, 2006.
CE6701 STRUCTURAL DYNAMICS AND EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING NOTES
If you have any queries or comments on this post, kindly contact us through contact form or telegram
To contact us through telegram – Click here