CE8302 FLUID MECHANICS NOTES 2017 REGULATION
In this post we have posted some notes on CE8302 FLUID Mechanics of PROFESSIONAL CORE for ANNA UNIVERSITY AFFILIATED COLLEGES STUDENTS.
Here We have listed the the notes whichever we could collect for CE8302 FLUID MECHANICS subject, We think that it will be helpful for your exam preparation.
👉 To understand the basic properties of the fluid, fluid kinematics, fluid dynamics and to analyze and appreciate the complexities involved in solving the fluid flow problems.
UNIT I FLUID PROPERTIES AND FLUID STATICS
Fluid – definition, distinction between solid and fluid – Units and dimensions – Properties of fluids – density, specific weight, specific volume, specific gravity, viscosity, compressibility, vapour pressure, capillarity and surface tension – Fluid statics: concept of fluid static pressure, absolute and gauge pressures – pressure measurements by manometers-forces on planes – centre of pressure – buoyancy and floatation.
UNIT II FLUID KINEMATICS AND DYNAMICS
Fluid Kinematics – Classification and types of flow – velocity field and acceleration – continuity equation (one and three dimensional differential forms)- stream line-streak line-path line- stream function – velocity potential function – flow net. Fluid dynamics – equations of motion -Euler’s equation along a streamline – Bernoulli’s equation – applications – venturi meter, orifice meter and Pitot tube- linear momentum equation and its application to pipe bend.
UNIT III DIMENSIONAL ANALYSIS AND MODEL STUDIES
Fundamental dimensions – dimensional homogeneity – Rayleigh’s method and Buckingham Pi- theorem – dimensionless parameters – similitudes and model studies – distorted models.
UNIT IV FLOW THROUGH PIPES
Reynold’s experiment – laminar flow through circular pipe (Hagen poiseulle’s) – hydraulic and energy gradient – flow through pipes – Darcy – Weisbach’s equation – pipe roughness -friction factor- Moody’s diagram- major and minor losses of flow in pipes – pipes in series and in parallel.
UNIT V BOUNDARY LAYER
Boundary layer – definition- boundary layer on a flat plate – laminar and turbulent boundary layer- displacement, energy and momentum thickness – Momentum integral equation-Boundary layer separation and control – drag on flat plate.
At the end of the course students will be able to
👉 Get a basic knowledge of fluids in static, kinematic and dynamic equilibrium.
👉 Understand and solve the problems related to equation of motion.
👉 Gain knowledge about dimensional and model analysis.
👉 Learn types of flow and losses of flow in pipes.
👉 Understand and solve the boundary layer problems.
1. Modi P.N and Seth “Hydraulics and Fluid Mechanics including Hydraulic Machines”,
Standard Book House New Delhi, 2009.
2. Jain.A.K.., “Fluid Mechanics” (Including Hydraulic Machines), Khanna Publishers, Twelfth Edition, 2016.
3. Subramanya.K ” Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machines”, Tata McGraw Hill Education Private Limited, New Delhi, 2010.
4. Rajput.R.K. “Fluid Mechanics”, S.Chand and Co, New Delhi, 2008.
1. Streeter, V.L., and Wylie, E.B., “Fluid Mechanics”, McGraw Hill, 2000.
2. Fox W.R. and McDonald A.T., Introduction to Fluid Mechanics John-Wiley and Sons,
3. White, F.M., “Fluid Mechanics”, Tata McGraw Hill, 5th Edition, New Delhi, 2017.
4. Mohd. Kaleem Khan, “Fluid Mechanics and Machinery”, Oxford University Press, New Delhi, 2015.
5. Bansal.R.K., “Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machines”, Laxmi Publications Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 2013.
CE8302 FLUID MECHANICS NOTES
If you have any queries or comments on this post, kindly contact us through contact form or telegram
To contact us through telegram – Click here