STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS I NOTES 2017 REGULATION
In this post we have posted some notes on CE8502 STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS I of PROFESSIONAL CORE for ANNA UNIVERSITY AFFILIATED COLLEGES STUDENTS.
Here We have listed the the notes whichever we could collect for CE8502 STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS I subject, We think that it will be helpful for your exam preparation.
👉 To introduce the students to basic theory and concepts of classical methods of structural analysis .
UNITI STRAIN ENERGY METHOD
Determination of Static and Kinematic Indeterminacies – Analysis of continuous beams, plane frames and indeterminate plane trusses by strain energy method (up to two degree of
UNITII SLOPE DEFLECTION METHOD
Slope deflection equations – Equilibrium conditions – Analysis of continuous beams and rigid frames – Rigid frames with inclined members – Support settlements- symmetric frames with symmetric and skew-symmetric loadings.
UNITIII MOMENT DISTRIBUTION METHOD
Stiffness and carry over factors – Distribution and carryover of moments – Analysis of continuous Beams- Plane rigid frames with and without sway – Support settlement – symmetric frames with symmetric and skew-symmetric loadings.
UNITIV FLEXIBLITY METHOD
Primary structures – Compatibility conditions – Formation flexibility matrices – Analysis of indeterminate pin- jointed plane frames, continuous beams and rigid jointed plane frames by direct flexibility approach.
UNITV STIFFNESS METHOD
Restrained structure –Formation of stiffness matrices – equilibrium condition – Analysis of Continuous Beams, Pin-jointed plane frames and rigid frames by direct stiffness method.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS.
Students will be able to
👉 Analyze continuous beams, pin-jointed indeterminate plane frames and rigid plane frames by strain energy method
👉 Analyse the continuous beams and rigid frames by slope defection method.
👉 Understand the concept of moment distribution and analysis of continuous beams and rigid frames with and without sway.
👉 Analyse the indeterminate pin jointed plane frames continuous beams and rigid frames using matrix flexibility method.
👉 Understand the concept of matrix stiffness method and analysis of continuous beams, pin jointed trusses and rigid plane frames.
1. Bhavikatti, S.S,Structural Analysis,Vol.1,&.2, Vikas Publishing House Pvt.Ltd., NewDelhi-4, 2014.
2. Bhavikatti, S.S, Matrix Method of Structural Analysis, I. K. International Publishing House Pvt.Ltd.,New Delhi-4, 2014.
3. Vazrani.V.N And Ratwani, M.M, Analysis of Structures, Vol.II, Khanna Publishers, 2015.
4. Pandit G.S.andGupta S.P.,Structural Analysis–AMatrix Approach, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Company Ltd.,2006
1. Punmia. B.C, Ashok Kumar Jain & Arun Kumar Jain, Theory of structures, Laxmi
Publications, New Delhi, 2004.
2. William Weaver, Jrand James M.Gere, Matrix analysis of framed structures, CBS
Publishers & Distributors, Delhi,1995 .
3. Hibbeler, R.C.,Structural Analysis, VII Edition, Prentice Hall, 2012.
4. Reddy.C.S, “Basic Structural Analysis”,Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Company,2005.
5. Rajasekaran. S, & G. Sankarasubramanian., “Computational Structural Mechanics”, PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd, 2015.
6. Negi L.S.and Jangid R.S.,Structural Analysis, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Co.Ltd.2004.
CE8502 STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS I NOTES
If you have any queries or comments on this post, kindly contact us through contact form or telegram
To contact us through telegram – Click here