City Command with Maps & Location Info Hackathon by NEC and Mitsubishi Corporation
- Enter image description here There are so many problems that occur in a city.
- For example, traffic accidents, crimes, diseases, fires, flooding due to leaks and heavy rains, road closures due to construction and fallen trees (sometimes cows), and other disasters and unforeseen events occur in many countries including India.
- Disasters themselves are big problems for sure, but bigger problems are the threats they pose to the safety of people’s lives, the increased stress levels caused by congestion and traffic jams, and the negative impact on the economic activities of cities.
- As one of the solutions to this problem, the Command Control Center is being introduced to collect information on various problems that occur in cities, analyze the data, and lead to solutions.
[Problem Statement] — — — — — — — — —
Most of the information gathered by the Command Control Center is mainly reports from citizens that called/texted the police and fire departments.
Although public agencies provide information to the general public at once, they are not always able to support decision-making and selection of whether the information is necessary for each citizen.
We think this situation is a problem to keep each citizen’ safety & less-stress social life.
[Participation Criteria] — — — — — — — — —
Anyone who has a business &/or technology background can register & participate!
Along with theme, kindly check Submission Criteria
Command control using maps and location information
The following five points are defined as necessary functions for command control, and solutions that can realize these functions are preferred.
- The situation can be grasped not only with visible information but also with invisible information, and necessary information for judgment & decision-making can be collected.
- Information is shared “In real-time (or quickly)” and “With a presence feeling”.
- The necessary information is appropriately selected and presented to those who need it
- Decision-making support is provided to make appropriate decisions
- Detailed information is available along with a broad list of information
- This is a team participation hackathon. You can have at most 4 members in your team.
- You can either invite your friends to form a team or you can request other teams to add you as a member.
- The hackathon will start at Sep 25, 2021 9:00 AM IST and end at Sep 26, 2021 4:00 PM IST, you work on your hack during the allotted time only.
- It’s an online hackathon, you can participate from anywhere.
- There are 1 theme of the hackathon, you must submit a hack that is in one of these themes.
- Once the hackathon starts, you will get an option to submit your hack, you can submit as many times as you want, the last hack will be considered as the final submission.
- You are expected to come up with new and innovative ideas, any idea that has been copied from somewhere will be disqualified.
- Your hack must be developed entirely during the Hackathon duration. You may use open source libraries and other freely available systems / services such as Google Maps, Facebook Connect, Twitter feeds etc.
- The intellectual property of your code belongs only to your team.
To Apply This Hackathon : CLICK HERE
For more Hackathons : CLICK HERE
Join us on TELEGRAM