CS8351 DIGITAL PRINCIPLES AND SYSTEM DESIGN NOTES 2017 REGULATION
In this post we have posted some notes on CS8351 DIGITAL PRINCIPLES AND SYSTEM DESIGN of ENGINEERING SCIENCES for ANNA UNIVERSITY AFFILIATED COLLEGES STUDENTS.
Here We have listed the the notes whichever we could collect for CS8351 DIGITAL PRINCIPLES AND SYSTEM DESIGN subject, We think that it will be helpful for your exam preparation.
• To design digital circuits using simplified Boolean functions
• To analyze and design combinational circuits
• To analyze and design synchronous and asynchronous sequential circuits
• To understand Programmable Logic Devices
• To write HDL code for combinational and sequential circuits
UNIT I BOOLEAN ALGEBRA AND LOGIC GATES
Number Systems – Arithmetic Operations – Binary Codes- Boolean Algebra and Logic Gates – Theorems and Properties of Boolean Algebra – Boolean Functions – Canonical and Standard Forms – Simplification of Boolean Functions using Karnaugh Map – Logic Gates – NAND and NOR Implementations.
UNIT II COMBINATIONAL LOGIC
Combinational Circuits – Analysis and Design Procedures – Binary Adder-Subtractor – Decimal Adder – Binary Multiplier – Magnitude Comparator – Decoders – Encoders – Multiplexers – Introduction to HDL – HDL Models of Combinational circuits.
UNIT III SYNCHRONOUS SEQUENTIAL LOGIC
Sequential Circuits – Storage Elements: Latches , Flip-Flops – Analysis of Clocked
Sequential Circuits – State Reduction and Assignment – Design Procedure – Registers and Counters – HDL Models of Sequential Circuits.
UNIT IV ASYNCHRONOUS SEQUENTIAL LOGIC
Analysis and Design of Asynchronous Sequential Circuits – Reduction of State and Flow Tables – Race-free State Assignment – Hazards.
UNIT V MEMORY AND PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC
RAM – Memory Decoding – Error Detection and Correction – ROM – Programmable Logic Array – Programmable Array Logic – Sequential Programmable Devices.
TOTAL : 60 PERIODS
On Completion of the course, the students should be able to:
👉 Simplify Boolean functions using KMap
👉 Design and Analyze Combinational and Sequential Circuits
👉 Implement designs using Programmable Logic Devices
👉 Write HDL code for combinational and Sequential Circuits.
1. M. Morris R. Mano, Michael D. Ciletti, ―Digital Design: With an Introduction to the Verilog HDL, VHDL, and System Verilog‖, 6th Edition, Pearson Education, 2017.
1. G. K. Kharate, Digital Electronics, Oxford University Press, 2010 .
2. John F. Wakerly, Digital Design Principles and Practices, Fifth Edition, Pearson
3. Charles H. Roth Jr, Larry L. Kinney, Fundamentals of Logic Design, Sixth Edition, CENGAGE Learning, 2013.
4. Donald D. Givone, Digital Principles and Design‖, Tata Mc Graw Hill, 2003.
CS8351 DIGITAL PRINCIPLES AND SYSTEM DESIGN NOTES
If you have any queries or comments on this post, kindly contact us through contact form or telegram
To contact us through telegram – Click here