CS8391 DATA STRUCTURES NOTES 2017 REGULATION
In this post we have posted some notes on CS8391 DATA STRUCTURES of PROFESSIONAL CORE for ANNA UNIVERSITY AFFILIATED COLLEGES STUDENTS.
Here We have listed the the notes whichever we could collect for HS8151 COMMUNICATIVE ENGLISH subject, We think that it will be helpful for your exam preparation.
👉 To understand the concepts of ADTs
👉 To Learn linear data structures – lists, stacks, and queues
👉 To understand sorting, searching and hashing algorithms
👉 To apply Tree and Graph structures
UNIT I LINEAR DATA STRUCTURES – LIST
Abstract Data Types (ADTs) – List ADT – array-based implementation – linked list implementation ––singly linked lists- circularly linked lists- doubly-linked lists – applications of lists –Polynomial Manipulation – All operations (Insertion, Deletion, Merge, Traversal).
UNIT II LINEAR DATA STRUCTURES – STACKS, QUEUES
Stack ADT – Operations – Applications – Evaluating arithmetic expressions- Conversion of Infix to postfix expression – Queue ADT – Operations – Circular Queue – Priority Queue – deQueue – applications of queues.
UNIT III NON LINEAR DATA STRUCTURES – TREES
Tree ADT – tree traversals – Binary Tree ADT – expression trees – applications of trees – binary search tree ADT –Threaded Binary Trees- AVL Trees – B-Tree – B+ Tree – Heap – Applications of heap.
UNIT IV NON LINEAR DATA STRUCTURES – GRAPHS
Definition – Representation of Graph – Types of graph – Breadth-first traversal – Depth-first traversal – Topological Sort – Bi-connectivity – Cut vertex – Euler circuits – Applications of graphs.
UNIT V SEARCHING, SORTING AND HASHING TECHNIQUES
Searching- Linear Search – Binary Search. Sorting – Bubble sort – Selection sort – Insertion sort – Shell sort – Radix sort. Hashing- Hash Functions – Separate Chaining – Open Addressing – Rehashing – Extendible Hashing.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
👉 Implement abstract data types for linear data structures.
👉 Apply the different linear and non-linear data structures to problem solutions.
👉 Critically analyze the various sorting algorithms
1. Mark Allen Weiss, ―Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in C‖, 2nd Edition, Pearson Education,1997.
2. Reema Thareja, ―Data Structures Using C‖, Second Edition , Oxford University Press, 2011 .
1. Thomas H. Cormen, Charles E. Leiserson, Ronald L.Rivest, Clifford Stein, ―Introduction to Algorithms”, Second Edition, Mcgraw Hill, 2002.
2. Aho, Hopcroft and Ullman, ―Data Structures and Algorithms‖, Pearson Education,1983.
3. Stephen G. Kochan, ―Programming in C‖, 3rd edition, Pearson Education.
4. Ellis Horowitz, Sartaj Sahni, Susan Anderson-Freed, ―Fundamentals of Data Structures in C‖, Second Edition, University Press, 2008
CS8391 DATA STRUCTURES NOTES
If you have any queries or comments on this post, kindly contact us through contact form or telegram
To contact us through telegram – Click here