COMPUTER NETWORKS NOTES 2017 REGULATION
In this post we have posted some notes on CS8591 COMPUTER NETWORKS of PROFESSIONAL CORE for ANNA UNIVERSITY AFFILIATED COLLEGES STUDENTS.
Here We have listed the the notes whichever we could collect for CS8591 COMPUTER NETWORKS subject, We think that it will be helpful for your exam preparation.
• To understand the protocol layering and physical level communication.
• To analyze the performance of a network.
• To understand the various components required to build different networks.
• To learn the functions of network layer and the various routing protocols.
• To familiarize the functions and protocols of the Transport layer.
UNIT I INTRODUCTION AND PHYSICAL LAYER
Networks – Network Types – Protocol Layering – TCP/IP Protocol suite – OSI Model – Physical Layer: Performance – Transmission media – Switching – Circuit-switched Networks – Packet Switching.
UNIT II DATA-LINK LAYER & MEDIA ACCESS
Introduction – Link-Layer Addressing – DLC Services – Data-Link Layer Protocols – HDLC – PPP – Media Access Control – Wired LANs: Ethernet – Wireless LANs – Introduction –
IEEE 802.11, Bluetooth – Connecting Devices.
UNIT III NETWORK LAYER
Network Layer Services – Packet switching – Performance – IPV4 Addresses – Forwarding of IP Packets – Network Layer Protocols: IP, ICMP v4 – Unicast Routing Algorithms –
Protocols – Multicasting Basics – IPV6 Addressing – IPV6 Protocol.
UNIT IV TRANSPORT LAYER
Introduction – Transport Layer Protocols – Services – Port Numbers – User Datagram
Protocol – Transmission Control Protocol – SCTP.
UNIT V APPLICATION LAYER
WWW and HTTP – FTP – Email –Telnet –SSH – DNS – SNMP.
TOTAL : 45 PERIODS
On Completion of the course, the students should be able to:
👉 Understand the basic layers and its functions in computer networks.
👉 Evaluate the performance of a network.
👉 Understand the basics of how data flows from one node to another.
👉 Analyze and design routing algorithms.
👉 Design protocols for various functions in the network.
👉 Understand the working of various application layer protocols.
1. Behrouz A. Forouzan, Data Communications and Networking, Fifth Edition TMH, 2013.
1. Larry L. Peterson, Bruce S. Davie, Computer Networks: A Systems Approach, Fifth Edition, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc., 2012.
2. William Stallings, Data and Computer Communications, Tenth Edition, Pearson
3. Nader F. Mir, Computer and Communication Networks, Second Edition, Prentice Hall, 2014.
4. Ying-Dar Lin, Ren-Hung Hwang and Fred Baker, Computer Networks: An Open
Source Approach, McGraw Hill Publisher, 2011.
5. James F. Kurose, Keith W. Ross, Computer Networking, A Top-Down Approach
Featuring the Internet, Sixth Edition, Pearson Education, 2013.
CS8591 COMPUTER NETWORKS NOTES
If you have any queries or comments on this post, kindly contact us through contact form or telegram
To contact us through telegram – Click here