How To Create a Website in a Weekend! (Project-Centered Course)
About this Course :
What you’ll achieve:
In this project-centered course*, you’ll design, build, and publish a basic website that incorporates text, sound, images, hyperlinks, plug-ins, and social media interactivity.
We’ll provide you with step-by-step instructions, exercises, tips, and tools that enable you to set up a domain name, create an attractive layout for your pages, organize your content properly, ensure that your site functions well across different operating systems and on mobile devices, keep your site safe, and finally, let people know your site is online.
We’ll even show you how to track your visitors. Throughout the course, you’ll engage in collaboration and discussion with other learners through course forums and peer review.
What you’ll need to get started:
This project-centered course is designed for learners who have little or no prior experience developing a web site.
You will need a computer with a stable Internet connection.
We’ll use WordPress to get you started, provide lots of downloadable examples, and guide you through the process of giving and receiving constructive peer-to-peer feedback.
*About Project-Centered Courses: Project-centered courses are designed to help you complete a personally meaningful real-world project, with your instructor and a community of learners with similar goals providing guidance and suggestions along the way. By actively applying new concepts as you learn, you’ll master the course content more efficiently; you’ll also get a head start on using the skills you gain to make positive changes in your life and career. When you complete the course, you’ll have a finished project that you’ll be proud to use and share
SKILLS YOU WILL GAIN
- Web Design
- Web Development
Instructor rating : 3.76/5 (29 Ratings)
Dr. Margaret Anne Schedel
Syllabus of this Course :
- Module 1: Prepping Your Site
- In Module 1 you will learn the mechanics of the internet, and start planning your own site. You’ll articulate a purpose for your design and pick fonts and a color scheme to match. We won’t use WordPress yet; next module you will learn how to create your vision on the web.
- 3 hours to complete
- 1 video (Total min), 4 readings, 2 quizzes
- Module 2: Starting to work with WordPress
- Module 2 contains the bulk of the work for this course. In this module you’ll create an outline for your site, set up WordPress, choose a theme and publish your first page. Then we’ll show you how to add links to other pages on the internet.
- 4 hours to complete
- 1 video (Total min), 4 readings, 3 quizzes
- Module 3: Add Media, Social Media and Launch
- In Module 3 you’ll add media such as images, videos and sound to your site. You’ll also learn how to incorporate social media. Once you’re happy with your site, you’ll test it on mobile platforms and multiple browsers before you go public and start counting the visitors to your site.
- 6 hours to complete
- 1 video (Total min), 5 readings, 4 quizzes
- Module 4: Go Deeper with Further Customization
- Module 4 contains more resources for you to customize your site, with some information about backend programming such as CSS and HTML. We will be adding more resources as we (and some Coursera web developers) create them.
- 29 minutes to complete
- 8 videos (Total 29 min)
HOW TO HAVE FREE ACCESS TO COURSERA COURSE
👉 Click the link 🔗 below 👇👇👇
👉 Click on start free trial for 7 days
👉 You will have a pop up, in which h can Audit the course click on it
👉 You can have it now for free💥💥
👉By this audit option you can get access to the course but not to the certificate 👈
To Enroll to this course : CLICK HERE
Join us on Telegram