IC6501 CONTROL SYSTEMS MCQS 2013 REGULATION
- To understand the use of transfer function models for analysis physical systems and introduce the control system components
- To provide adequate knowledge in the time response of systems and steady state error analysis.
- To accord basic knowledge in obtaining the open loop and closed–loop frequency responses of systems.
- To introduce stability analysis and design of compensators
- To introduce state variable representation of physical systems and study the effect of state feedback
UNIT I SYSTEMS AND THEIR REPRESENTATION
Basic elements in control systems – Open and closed loop systems – Electrical analogy of mechanical and thermal systems – Transfer function – Synchros – AC and DC servomotors – Block diagram reduction techniques – Signal flow graphs.
UNIT II TIME RESPONSE
Time response – Time domain specifications – Types of test input – I and II order system response – Error coefficients – Generalized error series – Steady state error – Root locus construction- Effects of P, PI, PID modes of feedback control –Time response analysis.
UNIT III FREQUENCY RESPONSE
Frequency response – Bode plot – Polar plot – Determination of closed loop response from open loop response – Correlation between frequency domain and time domain specifications- Effect of Lag, lead and lag-lead compensation on frequency response- Analysis.
UNIT IV STABILITY AND COMPENSATOR DESIGN
Characteristics equation – Routh Hurwitz criterion – Nyquist stability criterion- Performance criteria – Lag, lead and lag-lead networks – Lag/Lead compensator design using bode plots.
UNIT V STATE VARIABLE ANALYSIS
Concept of state variables – State models for linear and time invariant Systems – Solution of state and output equation in controllable canonical form – Concepts of controllability and observability – Effect of state feedback.
TOTAL : 60 PERIODS
Ability to understand and apply basic science, circuit theory, theory control theory Signal processing and apply them to electrical engineering problems.
- M. Gopal, ‘Control Systems, Principles and Design’, 4th Edition, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 2012
- S.K.Bhattacharya, Control System Engineering, 3rd Edition, Pearson, 2013.
- Dhanesh. N. Manik, Control System, Cengage Learning, 2012.
- Arthur, G.O.Mutambara, Design and Analysis of Control; Systems, CRC Press, 2009.
- Richard C. Dorf and Robert H. Bishop, “ Modern Control Systems”, Pearson Prentice Hall, 2012.
- Benjamin C. Kuo, Automatic Control systems, 7th Edition, PHI, 2010.
- K. Ogata, ‘Modern Control Engineering’, 5th edition, PHI, 2012